Major changes as listed in the ChangeLog include:
- Dependency on Qt WebKit can be disabled at compile time
- New dependency on ICU, used to transliterate text to plain ASCII
- Generally improved code quality as detected by code checkers such as Clazy or Coverity
- New online search: bioRxiv
- Various minor fixes
- Search in Zotero is rate limited to avoid overloading server
- Using KWallet to store Zotero credentials
- Adding basic DBUS support to, for example, open files or paste text
The shutdown of Gna! has caused some broken links, which should be resolved in this release. The new homepage now is https://userbase.kde.org/KBibTeX, a more detailed page on getting the sources running (and more) is available at https://userbase.kde.org/KBibTeX/
Missing right now are among others translations, but I'll send an email to every known translator asking for an update.
As usual, I cannot give a definitive release schedule as there is something called 'real life' …
Regarding a Frameworks 5 release, I have about 20 commits which are not yet pushed. I would like to make some more cleaning/house keeping/rewriting of history before pushing. Hopefully, the first test releases/tar balls will get out this Autumn.